prophet jesus

One of the biggest misconceptions of Islam is that we don't "believe" in Jesus, when in fact he is a much loved and revered prophet in Islam. Another great misconception of Islam, perhaps the greatest and most damaging of all, is that "Allah" is different from the Christian "God," when in fact Allah is a translation of the word God, and Muslims, Christians and Jews, all "people of the Book" worship the same God.


Here are some of the words in the Koran about Jesus (Yusuf Ali translation):

Behold! the angels said: "O Mary! Allah giveth thee glad tidings of a Word from Him: his name will be Christ Jesus, the son of Mary, held in honour in this world and the Hereafter and of (the company of) those nearest to Allah; He shall speak to the people in childhood and in maturity. And he shall be (of the company) of the righteous." She said: "O my Lord! How shall I have a son when no man hath touched me?" He said: "Even so: Allah createth what He willeth: When He hath decreed a plan, He but saith to it, 'Be,' and it is! "And Allah will teach him the Book and Wisdom, the Law and the Gospel, And (appoint him) a messenger to the Children of Israel, (with this message): "'I have come to you, with a Sign from your Lord, in that I make for you out of clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, and breathe into it, and it becomes a bird by Allah's leave: And I heal those born blind, and the lepers, and I quicken the dead, by Allah's leave; and I declare to you what ye eat, and what ye store in your houses. Surely therein is a Sign for you if ye did believe...

My best wishes to all my Christian friends. Peace.

No comments: